- What Programs Are Available To Assist People With Disabilities in Virginia?
Is there a medicaid waiver program in Virginia? Virginia has several waivers including:
- Elderly or Disabled with Consumer Direction;
- HIV / AIDS;
- Alzheimer's Assisted Living;
- Technology Assisted;
- Day Support HCBW for Persons with MR;
- Individual and Family DD Support;
- Intellectual Disability
What state department handles the medicaid waiver program?
What programs assist people who have developmental disabilities?
What is the best number to call to get started?
Is there a website? http://www.dmas.virginia.gov/
- Who Qualifies For Assistance?
What is considered a developmental disability?
Are there income limits to receive services?
How old do you have to be to start receiving services?
- Is There a Waiting List For Services?
How long is the waiting list?
How many people are on the waiting list?
How many people are currently receiving services?
What assistance is available while you wait?
Is there priority preference for people who are in crisis?
- What Services Are Offered & What Are The Service Limitations?
What services does the medicaid waiver program offer?
What services are available to people living in the family home?
Does this state offer community group homes?
Does this state offer supported living?
Are there still state owned institutions? How many people are living in institutions? Virginia has five large state facilities housing 1,150 Americans.
- How Do You Select A Provider?
Do providers work for the state?
About how many providers are there in the state?
Do you have a choice in providers?
- How Do You Become A Provider?
Is There A Fee?
- Additional Information